[Total: 0 Average: 0]
The Catholic parish church of St. Anna in Munich is located in the district of Lehel opposite the monastery church of St. Anna in Lehel. Built in the years 1887 to 1892 according to the plans of Gabriel von Seidl, it is one of the church buildings that emerged in the course of historicism in the 19th century.
The neo-Romanesque style building forms the center of the St. Anna Square in Lehel. There is a lot of hustle and bustle in the surrounding restaurants and cafés, especially in spring and summer. At one of the houses in the eastern part of the square a plaque commemorates the writer Lion Feuchtwanger, who lived here many years of his youth. The parish church of St. Anna in Munich impresses with a tympanum relief over the west portal of Anton Pruska, on which the Last Judgment is presented. Noteworthy inside is the fresco on the high altar, created in 1898 by Rudolf von Seitz.
For more information please visit here.
Looking for other free destinations in Bavaria’s Capital? Here’s more!