The Trinity Church in Munich is located in the center of the city, not far from Lenbachplatz. Completed in 1716 according to the plans of Giovanni Antonio Viscardi. The monastery church was built as a votive church of the Munich Estates. With its construction, the city redeemed a vow. With the construction of the church during the Spanish War of Succession the Bavarians hoped to be spared by the Austrians. Construction started in 1711.
Munich’s first church building in the late Baroque style is characterized, among other things, by the dome fresco designed by Cosmas Damian Asam in 1714/15. In addition, the Trinity Church in Munich contains works by Andreas Faistenberger and Johann Baptist Straub. It was the only church in Munich to be spared by the Second World War.
For more information please visit here (in German).